- strategic planning
- Detail oriented
- Strategic Multi-Tasking
Los Angeles , United States
Major Public Transportation Company in Los Angeles area is looking for experienced Risk Manager with good communication skills. The Risk Manager is responsible for all aspects of loss prevention including directing, designing developing and implementing a risk management program. The Risk Manager is also responsible for adherence to company standards, coordinating the activities of on-the-job-injury and light duty personnel, workers' compensation and general liability carriers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures the complete, thorough, and timely submission of accident and incident reports
- Ensures compliance with client insurance requirements and reporting
- Works as a liaison between client’s Risk Management and Safety staff, users of client services, and insurance agents.
- Reduces, minimizes and/or eliminates the fiscal impact of losses on the organization
- Supervises the risk management administration
- Implements a risk management information system for the purpose of claims tracking and administration
- Designs and implements the company’s Injury and Illness Prevention Program
- Participates in litigation procedures
- Handles all aspects of insurance subrogation
- Administers the company’s Workers Compensation Program
- College degree preferred
- Four years of experience in Risk Management
- Perform investigation and reconstruction of safety-related incidents
- Perform professional safety work related to construction and operations projects
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Prepare reports and correspondence
- Analyze situations, identify problems, and recommend solutions
- Analyze, interpret, and apply laws, rules regulations, policies, procedures, and contracts
- Exercise judgment and creativity in making conclusions
- Compile and analyze complex data
- Interact professionally with various levels of Metro employees and outside representatives
We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
M/F/V/D Equal Opportunity Employer
COVID-19 considerations:All customers are required to wear a mask. Common surfaces are sanitized regularly.